So I woke up this morning as an official member of the 30 year old club. I’ve got two gray beard hairs but my knees aren’t hurting so I’ll take it as a victory. To avoid a long and sentimental post I’ll just say the years of my 20’s can be summed up as life repeatedly punching me in the jaw while I bobbed and weaved just trying to survive. It wasn’t until my late 20’s that I felt like I had somewhat of a clue of what I was doing on this crazy planet. I’ve kind of been aimlessly wandering and stumbling around, making mistakes, attempting to learn, failing, trying again, rinse and repeat.
As I start this journey of the 30’s I finally feel like I have a sense of direction. Though I’m not sure how I need to get where I want to go I’m at least walking on a path, which is more than what I was previously doing.
And for those who are under 30 reading this post, let me give you five pointers to keep in mind. It’s nothing ground breaking, you’ve probably heard it before, but you’re about to hear it again because it holds true.
1. Take your health seriously, mentally and physically.
2. It’s normal to feel lost in life. None of us start out knowing where we’re going, you’ll eventually figure it out.
3. When you do find out what it is that you want to do in life go all in for it. Leave nothing to chance.
4. You won’t see results if you don’t put in the effort. And if you’ve been putting in the work but haven’t seen the effort then just keep going. The difference between those who make it and those who don’t isn’t always a matter of talent or status. Sometimes it’s just a matter of the person who made it kept going. And the person who didn’t stopped, not knowing they were inches away from the finish line.
5. Go to therapy if you can, it’s actually not so bad. Not saying it’ll solve all of your problems, but it can be of help.
Any who, I’m about to get out of here but before I go………..
To celebrate my birthday I’ve lowered the price of my book The Oddball Chronicles from 8.99 to 6.90 for physical copies. So if you haven’t read it you can get it now while it’s on sale. And for those who have read it, if you could be so kind to leave me a review and a rating I’d greatly appreciate that as a birthday gift.
And speaking of writing I’m going to go work on volume 2 of this book now. Writing doesn’t stop, even on my birthday. I’ll see you guys around and I hope you have a great Memorial day.